Let's Make Magic!
Complete the enquiry form and one of our Magic Makers will be in touch.
There are two spaces to Myer Mural Hall, The Grand Ballroom and the Arrival Foyer. Each can be hired separately or together.
– The Grand Ballroom – Holds 500 seated with no dancefloor, 450 seated with a dancefloor, 650 pax cocktail.
– Half Arrival Foyer – 200 pax cocktail.
– Full Arrival Foyer – 100 seated with no dancefloor, 50 seated with a dancefloor, 300 pax cocktail.
There’s no outside area. Guests must descend the Myer Building to go outside.
The Big Group has four unique venues to choose from; Luminare, The Glasshouse, Ormond Collective and Myer Mural Hall. Each venue has Big Factor features unseen anywhere else. Myer Mural Hall offers:
– An exquisite European style grand ballroom that has historic and cultural significance
– Eight national treasure artworks (By Napier Waller, commissioned by Sidney Myer) adorning the walls of The Grand Ballroom
– Top level of Melbourne’s iconic Myer Building in central CBD
– Art Deco styled Arrival Foyer, perfect for city corporate events
– A grand staircase in the Grand Ballroom – perfect for impressive wedding reception entries
There are cloaking facilities and security guards for the duration of your event included in the Myer Mural Hall venue hire fee.
Harry the Hirer are our preferred in-house audio visual supplier at Myer Mural Hall, and we encourage you to speak directly to them to discuss the details of your event requirements. An audio visual technician will be required during your event to manage the in house equipment. Technician charges are $85.00 per hour, with a minimum 4-hour booking. Ask one our Magic Makers to put you in touch with them.
The Grand Ballroom and Arrival Foyer of Myer Mural Hall are one of Melbourne’s oldest treasures and finest examples of Art Deco architecture. Venue hire comes inclusive of:
– Chocolate brown 4m x 2m stage
– Venue lounge and other furniture including votives and tea light candles
– Art deco chairs and round tables allocating up to 10 guests
– Custom made table linen in mocca lustre overlay and chocolate underlay
– Monogrammed Mural Hall White linen napkins
– Personalised menus placed in a beautiful Mural Hall card holder (1 per table)
– 2 easels and white perspex boards for your guest seating allocation
– Range of gold décor, ornaments and crystal ware
– Three green rooms
Would you like to have an expert creative eye across your forever timeless experience at Myer Mural Hall? Ask our Magic Makers about our stylists at The Big Group Creative and boutique event hire ranges from The Design Depot.
Ballrooms were made for dancing, twirling, enjoying and The Grand Ballroom is no exception. Our Magic Makers can organise a dancefloor quote on request.
Myer Mural Hall hosts all sorts of grand and intimate private events. Traditionally reserved for Melbourne’s elite; The Grand Ballroom and Arrival Foyer offers grace, culture and elegance to all events including birthdays, bar mitzvahs, engagements, christenings, cultural celebrations and more. Get in touch with a Magic Maker today to discuss your particular requirements.
All events at Myer Mural Hall have catering supplied by The Big Group, enjoy seasonally crafted food and beverage packages. Contact us for all the big thinking behind the small details of your culinary experiences. Some all-seasons general packages are:
– Plated or shared – starts at $180.00 per person
– Plated – Inclusive of three canapés on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, a choice between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package
– Shared – Inclusive of two canapés on arrival, two shared entrée dishes, three shared main dishes, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package
– 5 hour Cocktail Package* – $155.00 per person, fourteen items per person and 5 hour beverage package
*2 hour, 3 hour and 4 hour cocktail packages available
Myer Mural Hall is centrally located above the city streets of Melbourne’s central CBD. Guests can enter via the Myer store at the Bourke St entrance (during opening hours) and proceed to level 6. After hours guests can enter via Postal Lane.
There’s 24 hour parking available at Wilson Parking Melbourne Central, 300 Lonsdale Street Melbourne, Entry via Lonsdale Street.
Early Bird Day Parking rates are from $17, and Evening Parking rates are from $12. Pre booking is also available online.
Myer Mural Hall is licensed till 1am, thereafter you’ll have many memories forever more.